Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update now available for Motorola Droid 4 XT894 but not with official firmware but custom ROM MoKee. The ROM is based on Google AOSP build but with lot of tweaks and animation. MoKee ROM build for those who like to have same stock feeling with various customization. So if you looking for a eye candy ROM for your Motorola Droid 4 XT894 the MoKee custom firmware is the answer. All you need to have an unlocked device with custom recovery installed. So, if you willing to enjoy both stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow along with various customization offering then download and install MoKee. A complete installation guide and other details can be found below.
Some of the cool Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features that you will enjoy are improved app permission, Google Now on tap, improved battery life, improved app drawer, better cut-copy-paste, Chrome Custom Tab and many more.
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update For Motorola Droid 4 XT894 via Mokee ROM – Tutorial
- Upgrade Motorola Droid 4 XT894 To Android 5.1 Lollipop via CM12.1 Nightly [Official]
- Update Motorola Droid 4 XT894 To Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via CM12 Nightly [Official]
- How To Update Motorola Droid 4 XT894 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CM11 M11 Build
- Phone & Messaging : Quick contacts look up, speed dialing, caller location and other useful features.
- Smart Controls : Increase your productivity with Active Display, Lockscreen Notifications and other shortcuts.
- Colorful Themes : Unleash the creative side of you, customize how your phone looks; make it cool, make it colorful!
- Power Saver : With our unique battery saving strategies, get the most out of your phone’s battery.
This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid 4 XT894. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Droid 4 XT894 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Motorola Droid 4 XT894. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest Safestrap recovery Installed. You can also flash it using Boot Menu Manager aka BMM.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based MoKee ROM on Motorola Droid 4 XT894.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- MoKee ROM For Motorola Droid 4 XT894 [Filename: MK60.1-maserati-201603041021-NIGHTLY.zip ] [Always download latest build]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-600-base-20151107-1-signed.zip] or any other Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow GApps
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based MoKee ROM on Motorola Droid 4 XT894
- Connect your smartphone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your smartphone.
- Now boot into Safestrap recovery. To do so, first press power button to turn device on then after the Motorola splash screen, you should see the Safestrap screen. The Safestrap screen should show Safestrap Disabled in red, Recovery at the bottom left, and Continue at the bottom right. Tap on Recovery button on the Safestrap main screen to boot into Safestrap recovery mode.
- Now it’s time to set up a ROM slot for Mokee. To do so, tap on Boot Options and in the very next screen tap on ROM-Slot-1. Now set the data partition to a minimum of 1GB unless you planning to install tons of apps and games. The other two partitions – system and cache are default and cannot be changed. Wait for the partitions to get set up.
- Once the process completed, your ROM slot is ready. Which means it will boot from that new slot from now on. All we have to do now, install a ROM on that slot, which in our case is Mokee.
- Press the home button to return back to the main screen. Now tap on Install and navigate and select MK60.1-maserati-201603041021-NIGHTLY.zip. On the next screen, slide the button to confirm the installation.The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-600-base-20151107-1-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select reboot system to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware based custom ROM Mokee (nightly). The first boot will take time, so be patient!
Congrats! Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware based custom ROM MoKee is now installed and running on your Motorola Droid 4 XT894.