Run the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Motorola Droid 4 XT894 with the help of latest CM12.1 nightly. As we all expect this nightly build is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. The good thing about a nightly build is, it update daily and hence more bug fixes and features introduced in regular basis. So, if you willing to enjoy both Android 5.1 Lollipop and various customization that CyanogenMod ROM offers then download and install CM12.1 nightly. A complete installation guide and other details can be found below.
- Update Motorola Droid 4 XT894 To Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via CM12 Nightly [Official]
- How To Update Motorola Droid 4 XT894 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CM11 M11 Build
- Update Motorola Droid 4 XT894 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat CM11 Milestone 4 ROM For Motorola Droid 4 XT894–How To Guide
Some of the cool Android 5.1 Lollipop features that you will enjoy are improved Quick Settings panel, HD voice calling, native dual-SIM support, Revamped Screen Pinning, improved Device protection that stopping thieves from factory resetting your phone, improved Volume and Interruptions sliders and many more.
This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid 4 XT894. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Droid 4 XT894 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Motorola Droid 4 XT894. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest Safestrap recovery Installed. You can also flash it using Boot Menu Manager aka BMM.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 5.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 (nightly) ROM on Motorola Droid 4 XT894.
Please Note: If your device already running on CM11 or CM12 ROM then you don’t need to perform wipe.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CM12.1 (nightly) ROM For Motorola Droid 4 XT894 [Filename: cm-12.1-20150418-NIGHTLY-maserati.zip ] [Always download latest build]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-510-base-20150327-1-signed.zip] or any other Android 5.0 Lollipop GApps
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 (nightly) ROM on Motorola Droid 4 XT894
- Connect your smartphone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your smartphone.
- Now boot into Safestrap recovery. To do so, first press power button to turn device on then after the Motorola splash screen, you should see the Safestrap screen. The Safestrap screen should show Safestrap Disabled in red, Recovery at the bottom left, and Continue at the bottom right. Tap on Recovery button on the Safestrap main screen to boot into Safestrap recovery mode.
- Now it’s time to set up a ROM slot for CM12.1. To do so, tap on Boot Options and in the very next screen tap on ROM-Slot-1. Now set the data partition to a minimum of 1GB unless you planning to install tons of apps and games. The other two partitions – system and cache are default and cannot be changed. Wait for the partitions to get set up.
- Once the process completed, your ROM slot is ready. Which means it will boot from that new slot from now on. All we have to do now, install a ROM on that slot, which in our case is CM12.
- Press the home button to return back to the main screen. Now tap on Install and navigate and select cm-12.1-20150418-NIGHTLY-maserati.zip. On the next screen, slide the button to confirm the installation.The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-510-base-20150327-1-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select reboot system to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware based custom ROM CM12.1 (nightly). The first boot will take time, so be patient!
Congrats! Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware based custom ROM CM12.1 (nightly) is now installed and running on your Motorola Droid 4 XT894.