Root guide for G530FZXXS1BPK2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware that running on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ is now available at True Android. You most likely already installed XXS1BPK2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware that rolled out recently by Samsung. If not then update it using G530FZXXS1BPK2 update tutorial. Once you flash or install official firmware, your existing root access will be void. You must root it again, just like any other fresh Galaxy Grand Prime G530FZ. The process is very much easy. All you have to do, flash a small zip file using Odin utility. Read through this guide to learn step-by-step procedure to root Galaxy Grand Prime G530FZ powered by G530FZXXS1BPK2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware.
A rooted device allow you to completely utilize the hardware resource as well as push the limitation that comes with stock firmware. Once rooted, you can access system files, can overclock/underclock CPU and GPU, can use various MOD as well as those apps that ask root access. However, once you root your device, your manufacturer warranty will be void. You can only regain it by following proper unroot process. You can learn more about benefits of rooting here: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices.
Before jumping into rooting of G530FZXXS1BPK2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware, first we have to go through some pre-requisites.
Must Read: How To Disable KNOX Security Service on Samsung Galaxy Line Up
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though root don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ. [Guide].
Note: This root method will trigger both Flash and Knox counter. Hence, your device warranty will be void.
How To Root G530FZXXS1BPK2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop On Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ
- Download root file for G530FZXXS1BPK2.
- Extract CF-Root zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5, Odin3-v3.07.exe and few other files within extracted folder.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the PDA Button, and select that CF-Auto-Root-grandprimelte-grandprimeltexx-smg530fz.tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ running on G530FZXXS1BPK2 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware. To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can now visit this Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets). If you face any root issue then do this: Connect your device to internet then update SuperSU app binary. After that, open SuperSU again and turn off KNOX notification from there.