Install all new TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700. A latest version of supported TWRP is required to do various system related task including flashing custom ROM such as updating Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CM13. In this article we going to share various ways you can follow to install latest TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700. The main advantage of TWRP recovery over other custom recovery probably is, big buttons, touch friendly interface and allow you to add more zip files in a single flash. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 as well as how to upgrade from previous version.
About TWRP: Team Win Recovery Project, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as TWRP recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery.
What’s new in 3.0.2-1:
- Completely new theme
- True Terminal Emulator
- Language translation
- Flashing of sparse images
- Adopted storage support for select devices
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though installing TWRP recovery don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 40% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700. [Guide].
5. Your device is rooted (only require if you using mentioned app). [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700.
How to Install TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 Via Odin
- Download Odin v3.09 and twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-t700.tar.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. You will see an “Added!!” massage in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-t700.tar file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the TWRP 3.0.2-1 Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 and you are now free to test latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based custom ROM as well as old ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700. To boot into recovery, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then release the Power button. You should see recovery menu soon.[via]