Samsung rolled out latest T819XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 recently. You can always download T819XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware from below for a manual update if you yet to receive an OTA update notification. This new firmware comes with June 2018 security patches. This update not only improves tablet security but also improve overall performance. Hence it’s the best idea for you to upgrade your device to this latest T819XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat stock firmware. The firmware already rolled out in various countries including Poland, Italy, Netherlands, and Russia. If you yet to receive the firmware then read the rest of the article carefully.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 comes with a very good hardware. SM-T819 model was released back in 2015. It features a 9.7 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels. Inside the tablet it has Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 Octa-core SoC as well as 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 features 8MP rear camera and 2.1MP front shooting camera. The smartphone packed with a non-removable Li-Ion 5870 mAh battery and running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
Latest XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update can be installed on Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 via OTA or KIES. Apart from these two official processes, you can also update your Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 to T819XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat stock firmware by downloading it and flashing it manually. A step by step installation guide is available below. Remember, you can only flash this firmware through Odin, don’t try flashing using custom recoveries such as CWM recovery or TWRP recovery. Continue reading this guide to learn how to flash T819XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819.
Step By Step Guide To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 To T819XXU2BRF4 Android 7.0 Nougat Stock Firmware
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction is given on this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: Galaxy Tab S2
- Model Number: SM-T819
- Baseband Version: T819XXU2BRF4
- Security Patch Level: 2018-06-01
- Android OS: 7.0
How To Update Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 via OTA
- First of all, make sure you have a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network) on your device.
- Now, go to Android app drawer and then select Settings.
- Then locate About Device and tap on it.
- Next select Software update from About device screen.
- Then tap on Update option.
- You should see an update, press OK to download and install. (Remember, download using 3G or network data will incur additional charges to your phone bill!)
- Soon your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
If you see “The latest update have already been installed” message while checking update then your device yet to receive an OTA update. Check back within a few days or jump to next procedure.
How To Update Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 via Kies
- Make sure you have stable internet connection on your computer.
- Now download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to a computer with USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your device.
- You should see a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Follow on-screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from a computer.
Again! If you see “This is the latest firmware” in Samsung Kies, then your device yet to receive the latest update on Kies. Its good time to go for manual update instruction that located below.
Download T819XXU2BRF4 Firmware From Below
[Note: Don’t flash below firmware in carrier locked devices. For carrier locked device you can contact us for a firmware download link.]
[Resumable and Torrent link will only be added when available from trusted source]
[Please Note: After flashing this firmware you will lose any installed custom ROM including LineageOS 15.1, AICP, AOKP, Beanstalk, Bliss ROM, Candy5, MoKee, Chroma, Resurrection Remix, Dirty Unicorns, Omni ROM, Slim6, Vanir, Pac-Man, and Paranoid Android.]
Pre Requisites :
Though official firmware restores all existing data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation such as bootloop fix.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819. [Guide].
Manual Installation Instructions :
As said earlier, manual installation requires Odin tool. You also need the right firmware for your model and the device itself. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest July firmware that available for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819.
Congrats! You just updated your Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Go to Settings > About device to verify this firmware update.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819
If Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T819 stuck at booting animation for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follows below instructions:
- Go to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
That’s it! Let us know about your latest Android 7.0 Nougat experience.