I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 recently leaked by independent source. If you yet to update then visit here: Install I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware For Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. The leaked firmware is made for China [can be flashed on any I9500], hence there is no Google Apps available in it. That means by default you won’t see the most required app Google Play. There is a way to bypass this limitation. In this guide we will help you to install Gapps on your Galaxy S5 Gt-I9500 powered by I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. In this way we will also flash latest TWRP 126.96.36.199 custom recovery. Continue reading this tutorial to learn steps to achieve it.
Google Apps package comes with various apps that made by Google including Play Store, Google Hangout, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Gmail etc. The Gapps package we will flash is a minimal package means it will install Play Store along with few more Google apps but not all. If you need any specific apps, you can always visit Play Store and download it from there.
Before jumping into adding Gapps on I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware, we have to go through some pre-requisites.
Also read: TWRP & Root: I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though root don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. [Guide].
To achieve root, we will first install TWRP recovery in it and then flash Google Apps via custom recovery.
How To Add Google App on I9500ZCUJOA3 Galaxy S4 I9500 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Download Odin3_v3.10.6.zip, TWRP For Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 [Filename: openrecovery-twrp-188.8.131.52-klte.tar] and PA GApps [Filename: pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-BETA12-20150116-signed.zip].
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.10.6.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-klte.tar file that you downloaded earlier.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
- Now copy downloaded to pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-BETA12-20150116-signed.zip SD Card of your device.
- Now, boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then leave Power button only. You should see recovery menu soon. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-BETA12-20150116-signed.zip file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and boot up into Google App enabled I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware.
Congrats! You just installed Google App package on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 running on I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. [via XDA]
Open recovery image is not getting loaded “Nand Write start Failed” error comes it stuck here every time. i have thrice downloaded lolipop in chase of that, what to do please help.
bassically you are screwed, just like me. The new bootloader have some sort of protection, so no, you cant install a new recovery, or downgrade the system or in this case install the f*king Google apps. I’ve been trying a whole day and nothing. So now just wait until samsung release the official, non crippled chinese, version of lollipop for s4 in any country or just another country to leak their version
The original author at XDA shared a wrong TWRP link. I changed the TWRP link on root article. You should now be able to root and install Google Apps. At least many find success that way.
Rodolfo – Its not like that mate just download the latest TWRP from official website for “I9500” and you get youe eureka moment, it worked for me after 2 days of repeated trial. 🙂
My bluethooth its not working properly, i cant connect to any device, can someone help me?