An easy guide to install latest TWRP recovery, is now available at TrueAndroid. You must have an unlocked Alcatel Tetra to install TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery. Once TWRP recovery installed,you can root Alcatel Tetra using Magisk or SuperSu. Once rooted you can perform various system related task which otherwise isn’t possible.
Related: Download TWRP 3.7.0_9 For Alcatel Tetra – Installation Guide
How To Unlock and Install TWRP Recovery On Alcatel Tetra
WARNING: Installing custom recovery may put your device in boot loop or even worse! Before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
- Unlocked Alcatel Tetra.
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.6.2_9 on Alcatel Tetra
- Download TWRP.
- Once done, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Boot your device into fastboot.
- To confirm the device is connected in fastboot mode or not, type: fastboot devices.
- Once confirmed, type the following command to flash TWRP Recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-U50A_ATT.img. [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- The device should automatically reboot, if not then reboot it manually.
Tip: To boot into recovery first turn off your Alcatel Tetra and then press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until the bootloader appears, then release the buttons. Use the volume buttons to scroll to “RECOVERY” and press Power to select.