After the rolled out of Galaxy S4 and Note 3, we heard several complain about KNOX and now after the various new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on Galaxy S3 and Note 2 devices it become chaos. And, people searching a way to disable it.
What is KNOX?
Samsung KNOX is an enterprise mobile security solution that addresses the needs of enterprise IT without invading its employees’ privacy. The service, first released on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 mobile device, provides security features that enable business and personal content to coexist on the same mobile device. Samsung Knox is an Android-based platform that uses container technology, among other features, to allow for separation of work and personal life on mobile devices. – Wikipedia
Here is Few Facts About Knox Enabled firmware:
- Not possible to downgrade to KNOX-disabled firmwares/bootloaders (An attempt sets 0x1) (even though some people state, downgrade is possible when omitting the bootloader file in a firmware package (not confirmed)
- Even if you flash a KNOX-enabled firmware via ODIN (e.g. the latest firmware) KNOX will be set to 0x1
- Flashing unsigned or modified images via ODIN will set KNOX to 0x1
- Samsung stated, resetting the flag is impossible
- KNOX is mandatory and cannot be completely removed
- Warranty Void is no counter, it is a flag (0,1) it was never seen 0x2 or so
- Mirroring all partitions from a clean 0x0-Device to a 0x1-Device via JTAG produces an unfunctional device (reversible by restoring the 0x1 partitions on the phone)
- KNOX bootloader verifies signatures of kernels and recoveries. No custom ones possible without voiding the KNOX warranty.
Once you rooted your device, it comes with various KNOX notifications. That’s why you require to disable KNOX to avoid those notifications. There are few legitimate ways to do that in rooted Galaxy devices. We discussed it below:
1. Using Terminal Emulator: Install Terminal Emulator on your rooted Galaxy device and then open it and input below commands one after other:
pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
2. KNOX Disabler App: This is a simple app that will disable KNOX notifications in the statusbar. KNOX notifications will remain disabled until you flash a new ROM. Download KNOXDisablerFree_v1.0.1.apk
3. Using Titanium Backup: Install Titanium Backup and then open the app and freeze the following apps:
- KLMS Agent
- Knox Notification Manager
- KNOX Store
For now, these are those quick ways through which you can disable KNOX security on Samsung Galaxy devices. We will update this page once we found a new way to deal with it.
Package disable app is the best app to disable Knox and other system packages without root