If you planning to flash Android 4.4.2 based KitKat ROM on your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 then you must have either CWM recovery 18.104.22.168 and higher or TWRP 22.214.171.124 and higher. If you a fan of ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery then you surely like CWM 126.96.36.199 Advance Edition (aka PhilZ Touch 6.07.9). As the name says, this CWM 188.8.131.52 Advance Edition comes with many additional features that you won’t find in regular ClockworkMod recovery 184.108.40.206. We already covered Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, that’s why we decided to write an installation process of CWM 220.127.116.11 Advance Edition on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 for those who yet to install this latest KitKat ROM flashing supported custom recovery. Apart from various customization, CWM 18.104.22.168 Advance Edition (aka PhilZ Touch 6.07.9) is completely touch friendly.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat VanirAOSP ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300 – How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat MoKee ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300–How To
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300–How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat SlimKat ROM For Galaxy S3 I9300 – Weekly Build – How To
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM 22.214.171.124 Advance Edition allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest CWM 126.96.36.199 Advance Edition also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest CWM 188.8.131.52 Advance Edition.
Other Recovery Guides:
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 – How To
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 – How To
- Install TWRP Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 – How To Guide
PhilZ Touch 6 Key Features:
- Smoother touch with kinetics, basic theme support, KitKat ready, MTK devices support
- Toggle between 4 touch modes: FULL TOUCH, DOUBLE TAP to validate, SEMI TOUCH (scroll but no touch validation) and NO TOUCH to only use hardware keys
- Basic scroll kinetics for faster scrolling on demand
- Safe full touch : no wrongly validations while scrolling
- 30 color settings for each of the 8 GUI parts + 5 alpha transparency settings
- User custom background png can be selected in addition to 30 solid colors option
- Show / hide bottom virtual buttons
- Basic theme support
- Prompt to restore your settings from a backup when they are wiped by a new ROM install
- Option to auto restore your settings from a backup without a prompt
- Configurable gesture actions: double tap, slide right/left, long press/lift, long press/move, can be associated with any of: show log, change brightness, blank screen, capture screen shot, launch Aroma File Manager
- Multi Zip Install menu: check multiple zip files to install in a row
- Browse phone with root access using full GUI in Aroma File Manager
- Terminal access from recovery with root access through Aroma File Manager
- exFAT, NTFS and Ext4 support in recovery for external storage through kernel modules for many devices for faster write speed
- TWRP backup and restore support, include full md5 sum support (single and multivolume, compressed and non compressed formats)
- Support .android_secure backup/restore from external storage
- sd-ext support (ext4)
- Nandroid backups support /preload in backup and restore jobs (custom and stock modes)
- Nandroid backups support /misc in backup and restore jobs (custom mode)
- Backup/restore EFS in both tar + img formats, now with time tags for both tar and .img
- Full wipe before flashing new ROM: wipe user data + format /system and /preload. SD card content is not affected
- Advanced power options menu
- And many more….
Please Note: after scroll, there is a minimal small delay (0.5 sec) to validate on next touch. This is by design and not a bug. It is there to limit erroneous validation while scrolling. [read]
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide. [Optional]
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install CWM 22.214.171.124 Advance Edition on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Install CWM 126.96.36.199 Advance Edition (PhilZ Touch 6.07.9) on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Down and the Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just installed latest CWM 188.8.131.52 Advance Edition on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. To boot into recovery, turn your device off then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button for few seconds and soon you will see the CWM 184.108.40.206 Advance Edition screen.