If you planning to flash latest Android ROM such as Android 4.4.4 KitKat or Android 5.0 Lollipop based ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 then you must have a latest version of custom recovery. If you a fan of ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery then you surely like CWM 220.127.116.11 Advance Edition (aka PhilZ Touch 6.58.7). As the name says, this CWM 18.104.22.168 Advance Edition comes with many additional features that you won’t find in regular CWM 22.214.171.124 Advance Edition. We already covered many custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 and to help you flashing those, today we going to share a touch friendly recovery known as PhilZ Touch or ClockworkMod Advance Edition.
- Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat With SlimKat Stable ROM
- Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
- Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via PAC-man Nightly–How To
- Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as CWM recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest CWM 126.96.36.199 Advance Edition also comes with various added features.
PhilZ Touch 6 Key Features:
- toggle between 4 touch modes: FULL TOUCH, DOUBLE TAP to validate, SEMI TOUCH (scroll but no touch validation) and NO TOUCH to only use hardware keys
- written from scratch full touch code
- basic scroll kinetics for faster scrolling on demand
- safe full touch : no wrongly validations while scrolling
- when you set full touch mode, it defaults to optimized settings for menu height, scroll sensitivity and touch accuracy (you still can alter them manually later)
- adjust scroll sensitivity in a huge palette
- adjust menu height in a huge palette
- adjust touch accuracy
- 30 color settings for each of the 8 GUI parts + 5 alpha transparency settings
- user custom background png can be selected in addition to 30 solid colors option
- show / hide background icon
- show / hide bottom virtual buttons
- show/hide + set color and transparency for menu line separators to match solid color themes, like Black…
- set number of bottom log rows to show
- pause on logs mode: no more miss logs during zip installs
- auto dim screen after user configurable delay
- auto turn off screen after user configurable delay
- adjust brightness and turn off screen with a gesture action
- show/hide clock and remaining battery %, even during nandroid operations
- clock and battery stats now effectively refresh every 5 seconds and during nandroid operations
- toggle vibrator on/off on touch
- toggle key repeat for volume up/down scrolling when maintained pressed
- key repeat also enabled for virtual buttons
- set time zone + 30mn offset + DST: correct time can now be set for nandroid backup path and clock
- capture recovery screen shots with a gesture action (only some devices)
- basic theme support
- one file to save all settings
- backup and restore settings file
- backup and restore only GUI settings
- reset to default settings option
- prompt to restore your settings from a backup when they are wiped by a new ROM install
- option to auto restore your settings from a backup without a prompt
- all toggles are applied live, without restart of recovery (except reset of stock CWM background image)
- toggle menu options are automatically right aligned and menu text left aligned based on device display size
- configurable gesture actions: double tap, slide right/left, long press/lift, long press/move, can be associated with any of: show log, change brightness, blank screen, capture screen shot, launch Aroma File Manager
Please Note: after scroll, there is a minimal small delay (0.5 sec) to validate on next touch. This is by design and not a bug. It is there to limit erroneous validation while scrolling. [read]
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though installing CWM recovery don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 40% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install CWM 188.8.131.52 Advance Edition on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
How To Upgrade From Existing Recovery to CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100
- Download GT-P3100_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.58.7.zip.
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- Now, Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power button together and you should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then locate the GT-P3100_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.58.7.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The installation will begin.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Once booted, go back to recovery to check out latest CWM 220.127.116.11 Advance Edition.
How to Install CWM 18.104.22.168 Advance Edition on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 Via Odin
- Download Odin v3.09 and GT-P3100_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.58.7.tar.md5.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button and the Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. You will see an “Added!!” massage in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that GT-P3100_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.58.7.tar.md5 file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the CWM 22.214.171.124 Advance Edition on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 and you are now free to test latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based custom ROM as well as old ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. To boot into recovery, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until Samsung logo flash twice and then leave the button. You should see recovery menu soon. In recovery use Volume Keys to navigate between option and Power button to select an option. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.