If you planning to flash Android 4.4.2 based KitKat ROM on your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada) then you must have a KitKat compatible custom recovery such as latest TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 or higher version. We already covered Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada), that’s why we decided to write an installation process of TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada) for those who yet to install this latest TWRP recovery. TWRP is touch supported recovery and also comes with more user friendly interface than CWM recovery, that’s why its prefer by many over CWM recovery.
- Install CWM 184.108.40.206 Advance Edition on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 Canada – How To Guide
- How To Root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 Canada–Easy Guide
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as TWRP recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest TWRP Recovery 220.127.116.11 also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest TWRP Recovery 18.104.22.168.
TWRP Key Features:
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
- Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Decryption of /data
- Easy selection of internal/external storage
This tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada). Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide. [Optional]
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada) in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada). [Guide].
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada).
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Install TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada)
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada) in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Down and the Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada) will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just installed latest TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 (Canada). To boot into recovery, turn your device off then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button for few seconds and soon you will see the TWRP Recovery 184.108.40.206 screen.