Today, in this guide I will help you to install latest TWRP Recovery (3.0.2-0) on your Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S. Having a custom recovery on your phone means, you can flash Magisk or SuperSu zip and root it, you can install a custom ROMs, kernels and mods as well as do various task that a stock recovery never going to offer. Since TWRP recovery is a touch base recovery, the GUI interface is easy to use. Continue reading this article to learn how to install latest TWRP recovery (3.0.2-0) on Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S
WARNING: Though flashing custom recovery don’t usually erase phone data! However, as a precaution, before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- A touch based interface.
- Can flash custom ROMs, Mods and kernels.
- Can wipe Dalvic /ART Cache.
- Allow you to access and use phone memory when you are in recovery.
- You can install Xposed Modules.
- You can root your device using root zip file (magisk, supersu etc.)
- Flashing a custom kernel may help you to overclock or underclock your SoC.
- Can factory reset your device.
- You can remove all bloatware by flashing proper bloatware removal zip.
- You can take a full system backup (Nandroid) and later restore it.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
- Download & Install Heimdall (cross-platform tool). If you face driver related issue in Windows PC then follow this guide.
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0 on Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S via Heimdall
- Download TWRP.
- Now boot into download mode. To do so, first turn off your Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S then press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power button together.
- Then connect your device to your computer using USB cable.
- Now, On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window in the directory where recovery image is downloaded, and type: heimdall flash –RECOVERY twrp-x.x.x-x-t0lteskt.img –no-reboot [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- Soon you will see a blue transfer bar on your device showing the recovery being transferred. Its time to unplug your device from PC.
- Now manually boot into recovery. To do so, first turn off your Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S then press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together. [Note: Its very important to reboot to custom recovery immediately otherwise the device will be reboot and overwrite to custom recovery.]
You can also flash TWRP recovery via Odin.
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0 on Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S via Odin
- Download Odin v3.09 and twrp-3.0.2-0-t0lteskt.img.tar.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Down and Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. You will see an “Added!!” massage in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that twrp-3.0.2-0-t0lteskt.img.tar file that you downloaded earlier. If you are using old Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
That’s it! You now have an unlocked Galaxy Note 2 SHV-E250S with latest supported TWRP Recovery installed.