Finally we have a working TWRP for OnePlus 3 that can handles device encryption (which is on by default), therefore you can see/use internal storage. Install all new TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery on OnePlus 3. Please note this is an unofficial build and OTG is not working. This build using official TWRP source and apart from OTG everything working fine. The main advantage of TWRP recovery over other custom recovery probably is, big buttons, touch friendly interface and allow you to add more zip files in a single flash. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery on OnePlus 3 as well as how to upgrade from previous version.
About TWRP: Team Win Recovery Project, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as TWRP recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery also comes with various added features.
This tutorial is only for OnePlus 3. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though installing TWRP recovery don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 40% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for OnePlus 3 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and OnePlus 3. [Guide].
5. You should have ADB & Fastboot installed.
6. Bootloder should be unlocked.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery on OnePlus 3.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery For OnePlus 3 [Filename: recovery.img]
How to Install TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery on OnePlus 3
- Boot your OnePlus 3 to Fastboot mode (Turn the phone off. Hold volume up + power until the “fastboot” screen appears).
- Connect your smartphone to computer.
- Open command prompt and then run the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once done reboot your device. Command:
That’s it ! You have successfully installed the TWRP 3.0.2-0 Touch Recovery on OnePlus 3 and you can now root your OP3 by flashing SuperSU zip. To boot into recovery, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume down and Power button together. You should see recovery menu soon. [via]