An easy to follow root guide for Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 that running on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available at True Android. If you want to enjoy those apps that available in Play Store with [Root] in suffix or prefix then you must first root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552. Root comes with various benefits including ability to access and modify system files, allow overclocking CPU or GPU and many more. To learn more benefits of rooting read this: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 – How To
If you recently updated your Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 to latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean then you probably want to get back root again to continue enjoying root only apps. The root tutorial we given below is good for both new and fresh firmware and very easy to follow. To root Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 that running on latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, we’ll first install ClockworkMod recovery 18.104.22.168 and then flash SuperSU using custom recovery.
All added files are shared by Jaspreet_Singh (donate).
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure. Rooting also void your manufacturer warranty.
Though rooting usually not harmful for internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation such as bootloop fix.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552. [Guide].
If you done what we stated above then you good to go for installing ClockworkMod recovery 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 and then root it using custom recovery.
How To Root I8552XXUBML5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean On Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 Manually
- Download Odin v3.09, CWM Recovery v126.96.36.199.tar and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip.
- Copy only UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip to your Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 SD card.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that CWM Recovery v188.8.131.52.tar file that you get in Step 3.
- In Odin window, make sure only F. Reset Time check box is selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see Res OK massage in Odin massage box. Now disconnect mobile from computer then remove phone battery and put it back. Now go to Recovery Mode (Volume UP And Home And Power Button all together and when it vibrates release Power Button but keep pressing left ones). In recovery use volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select and option.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The rooting process will begin.
Congrats! You just rooted your Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 running on latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can now visit this Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets) or try flashing a new ROM since you have CWM recovery installed. [source]