TWRP 18.104.22.168 Touch Recovery for LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) is now available. You can download and install this touch supported custom recovery using details guide below. This latest TWRP recovery version comes with various improvement along with new features that I have added later part of this guide. If you planing to flash an Android 4.4.2 KitKat based ROM on LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) then you must have a supported custom recovery installed such as TWRP 22.214.171.124 Touch Recovery. Although, TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 can flash KitKat ROM but having an improved custom recovery is always recommended. Continue reading this tutorial to learn how to install TWRP 188.8.131.52 Touch Recovery on LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) as well as how to upgrade from previous version.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Firmware For LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile)
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat CM11 Milestone 4 ROM For LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile)–How To Guide
- Update LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via PAC-man Nightly–How To
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Smasher X ROM For LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile)–How To
- Update LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via AOSB ROM–How To
About TWRP 2.7: Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
If you don’t know then, stock recovery comes with various limitation including lack of backup and flashing a custom firmware ability. On the other hand custom recovery such as TWRP recovery allow you to do various task including ability to flash custom ROMs and other signed zip, backup and restore whole system, can clear Dalvik cache, can fix permission and many more. The latest TWRP 184.108.40.206 Touch Recovery also comes with various added features. Here is a list of features that added to latest TWRP 220.127.116.11 Touch Recovery.
What’s new in 18.104.22.168:
- Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
- Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
- Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
- Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
- Text wrap in the console output
- Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
- Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
- Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
- Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
- Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
- Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
- Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
- Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
- USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
- Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
- Add 4.4 decrypt support
- Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
- Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
This tutorial is only for LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile). Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though installing TWRP recovery don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile). [Guide].
5. Your device is rooted (only require if you using mentioned app). [Guide]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP 22.214.171.124 Touch Recovery on LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile).
How to Install TWRP 126.96.36.199 Touch Recovery Using TWRP Manager
- Download and install TWRP Manager app -> Play Store Link.
- Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions.
- Hit Advanced->Install Recovery.
- Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery.
How to Update Old TWRP Recovery To TWRP 188.8.131.52 Touch Recovery
- Download openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-d801.zip.
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile).
- Now, Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume down & Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.
- Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the TWRP 220.127.116.11 Zip file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on Recovery to reboot your LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) to latest TWRP 18.104.22.168 Touch Recovery.
Congrats ! You have successfully installed the TWRP 22.214.171.124 Touch Recovery on LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) and you are now free to test latest Android 4.4 KitKat based ROMs as well as old ROMs on your LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile). To boot into recovery, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume down & Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times. Alternatively try this: Recovery Mode without Key Combination.