A new and latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat build (N4F26T) is now available for Nexus 6P. This new update will push latest and greatest Android version into Nexus 6P. Android 7.1.1 Nougat will install latest security patches as well as improve your device performance. As always, we have attached a beginner installation guide of this Android 7.1.1 Nougat N4F26T factory image on Nexus 6P. Sooner or later, Google will push an OTA update but if you wish to try it now then download this official factory image and manually install (sideload) it on Nexus 6P using our guide. After installing this firmware you will lose the root access, however in our next article we will add how to root Nexus 6P running on official Android 7.1.1 Nougat build N4F26T.
Related: How To Root Nexus 6P On Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat N4F26T
This tutorial is only for Nexus 6P. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Though official firmware don’t erase existing data but we still recommend you to backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 6P in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Nexus 6P. [Guide].
5. You must already installed ADB & Fastboot. Follow this guide: How To: ADB & Fastboot Setup
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat N4F26T factory image on Nexus 6P.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat N4F26T Factory Image on Nexus 6P
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Now turn off your Nexus 6P.
- Now, boot into Fastboot or Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power (or follow key combination list) until you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now extract downloaded factory image on your computer. Go to the folder angler-n4f26t and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
- Now perform following task depending on your OS. All mentioned files located within Fastboot folder.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Wait for the installation process to complete it, you may require to follow onscreen instruction in your Nexus 6P.
- Once the installation process completed, your device will reboot automatically. The first boot usually take more time, so wait for it.
Congrats! Android 7.1.1 Nougat N4F26T factory image is now installed and running on your Nexus 6P.