Are you looking for a way to install latest TWRP Recovery (3.2.3-0) on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S! Then you are in right place. Having a custom recovery on your phone means, you can flash Magisk or SuperSu zip and root it, you can install a custom ROMs, kernels and mods as well as do various task that a stock recovery never going to offer. Since TWRP recovery is a touch base recovery, the GUI interface is easy to use. Continue reading this article to learn how to install latest TWRP recovery (3.2.3-0) on Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
How To Unlock and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 1S
WARNING: Though flashing custom recovery don’t usually erase phone data! However, as a precaution, before proceeding, ensure the data you would like to retain is backed up to your PC and/or your Google account, or equivalent. We (TrueAndroid Team) are not responsible if anything happen to your device while following this tutorial.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- A touch based interface.
- Can flash custom ROMs, Mods and kernels.
- Can wipe Dalvic /ART Cache.
- Allow you to access and use phone memory when you are in recovery.
- You can install Xposed Modules.
- You can root your device using root zip file (magisk, supersu etc.)
- Flashing a custom kernel may help you to overclock or underclock your SoC.
- Can factory reset your device.
- You can remove all bloatware by flashing proper bloatware removal zip.
- You can take a full system backup (Nandroid) and later restore it.
- Make sure your computer has working adb and fastboot. Setup instructions can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. [Tutorial]
- Proper USB driver is installed. [Download]
How To Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 on Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- Download TWRP.
- Once done, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now on your computer open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type: adb reboot bootloader . You can also boot your Xiaomi Redmi 1S to fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down + Power when the device power is off, until the bootloader appears, then release the buttons.
- To confirm the device is connected in fastboot mode or not, type: fastboot devices.
- Once confirmed, type the following command to flash TWRP Recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-armani.img. [Note: Replace TWRP file name with your downloaded file name]
- The device should automatically reboot, if not then reboot it manually.
Tip: To boot into recovery first turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 1S and then press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release.
That’s it! You now have an unlocked Xiaomi Redmi 1S with latest supported TWRP Recovery installed.