Are ou looking for a way to update Xiaomi Mi 6 to latest Android 9.0.1 Pie! You are in right page. However, its an unofficial firmware update. As you know, running latest version of Android offer you several additional functionality along with improved security. The smartphone’s hardware is capable enough to run the latest Android version which is Android 9.0.1 Pie. To update Xiaomi Mi 6 to latest Android 9.0.1 Pie we will use MoKee ROM.
Android 9.0 Pie comes with various new as well as improved features including, new gesture navigation, adaptive battery and brightness, improved security features, new Accessibility menu, new screenshot shortcut, easier screen rotation and many more. If you interested to update your Xiaomi Mi 6 to Android 9.0.1 Pie base ROM MoKee then continue reading.
- Download Android 13 LineageOS 20 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 with Guide
- Download & Update Xiaomi Mi 6 to Android 9.0.1 Pie crDroid ROM – Tutorial
- Update Xiaomi Mi 6 to Android 9.0.1 Pie Resurrection Remix v7.0.1 ROM – Tutorial
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Pixel Experience ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 with Guide
This MoKee ROM is based on Android 9.0.1 Pie AOSP and comes with various customization. This custom ROM mostly known for its smooth and lag free user experience. This ROM also comes with colorful theme support to make your device look cool. With this ROM your device will be always with latest Android security patch.
How to Update Xiaomi Mi 6 to Android 9.0.1 Pie via MoKee
This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Mi 6. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (True Android Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction is given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Xiaomi Mi 6 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Xiaomi Mi 6. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest TWRP recovery 3.x or higher installed. You can read this guide: Xiaomi Mi 6 : Unlock & Install TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-2 – Easy Tutorial
Note: If you face any flashing error then first update to latest official firmware and then flash the ROM and Gapps.
If you have done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 9.0.1 Pie based MoKee ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6.
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
- MoKee ROM For Xiaomi Mi 6 [Filename: MK90.0-sagit-201907021348-NIGHTLY.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm64-9.0.1-pico-20190110.zip] or any other Android 9.0.1 Pie GApps
Once you downloaded all required files, now read on for the tutorial part.
How to Install Android 9.0.1 Pie based MoKee ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6
Step 1 : Connect your device to PC using the USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
Step 2 : Disconnect USB and then turn off your Xiaomi Mi 6.
Step 3 : Boot into recovery mode. To boot into recovery first turn off your Xiaomi Mi 6 and then press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release. You can also boot into recovery without key combination.
Step 4 : Create a Backup using TWRP Backup Option.
Step 5 : Perform a Factory Reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress). To do this, Tap on Wipe, then at the bottom of the screen do a Swipe on the ‘Swipe to factory reset‘ option.
Step 6 : Now its time to add zip file for flashing. Tap on Install, then browse to the location where you saved the files and tap on the MoKee Zip file. Then tap on Add More Zips, and add Gapps zip. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
Step 7 : When the installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot and then, tap on System to reboot your Xiaomi Mi 6 and boot up into Android 9.0.1 Pie ROM MoKee.
Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select Backup then through Restore option, restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android 9.0.1 Pie firmware based custom ROM MoKee is now installed and running on your Xiaomi Mi 6. You can root this ROM by following our guide: How to Root Xiaomi Mi 6 with Magisk – Detail Guide