Recovery mode is a hidden treasure of any Android powered device including Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. You can use it in various purposes such as wipe data, factory reset, format system partition, install kernels, install new ROM and tons of other things that ultimately helps you to improve your Android device and its current OS.
There are basically two type of recovery mode – stock and custom. Stock recovery comes with the original variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. It works with both stock and rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. However, it won’t work with custom ROMs since it required custom recovery.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C USB Drive / ADB Drive – Download
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C Screenshot Taking – How To Guide
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C Latest Stock Firmware Download + Guide
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C Hard Reset – How To Guide
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C Download Mode – How To Guide
Custom recovery is a must have if you want to flash custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. Two of the most popular custom recoveries are the ClockworkMod – CWM and the TWRP – Team Win Recovery Project. Both recovery present same functionality but in different ways. Continue reading this article to learn how to boot your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C into Recovery Mode.
How to boot your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C into Stock / CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode
- Power off your device completely.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons when you see Stock / CWM / TWRP Recovery screen appears. If you see that your phone is going into another restart without options appearing, just hold the VOLUME UP button (release other buttons) and hold it until you see the recovery options show up on your screen.
- A list of functions will arrive that you can use either to improve your Galaxy S4 operating system or fix system related issues.
- To reboot back to normal Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C, you need to return to the first Recovery screen and select ‘reboot system’.
That’s it, booting into Recovery Mode for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C is easy.
You can even simplify the recovery mode booting task with help of apps if you already have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C. All you have to do install ROM Manager (here) or TWRP Manager (here) first. Then simply launch the apps on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C phone and then select the ‘Reboot Recovery’ option. Wait few moments for the device to verify root access and then the Recovery Mode will load successfully.
If your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C is running a custom ROM such as CM13 or Omni, then you can boot into CWM / TWRP Recovery without powering off the device, right from normal mode. Just press and hold Power button until a menu come up. You then need to select ‘Reboot’ and later ‘Recovery’ option. Wait for the phone to boot into custom Recovery mode. However, in some ROM you may require to enable this Advance reboot menu located under Settings –>Developer options.
That’s it! We just discussed all possible ways to reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920C into Recovery mode.