Rooting stock A510FXXS8CSD2 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F may be the next big thing you want to try once you install the official firmware. If you haven’t update your device to A510FXXS8CSD2 then follow this: A510FXXS8CSD2 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware For Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F – How To Guide. Root access on your device offers you several key benefits that we can’t just overlook. However, once we flash the official firmware, it restores the kernel hence the device is unrooted. To continue enjoying your root only apps or to enjoy root access you must root your device again. Continue reading this article to learn how to root A510FXXS8CSD2 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware that running on Galaxy A5 2016 A510F.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F powered with Exynos 7420 Octa core SoC and 4GB of RAM and to completely utilize the hardware resource as well as push the limitation that comes with stock firmware you need to root it. Once rooted, you can access system files, can overclock/underclock CPU and GPU, can use various MOD as well as those apps that ask root access. However, once you root your device, your manufacturer warranty will be void. You can only regain it by following proper unroot process. You can learn more about benefits of rooting here: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices.
Before jumping into rooting of A510FXXS8CSD2 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware, first we have to go through some pre-requisites.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction is given on this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though root doesn’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F. [Guide].
Note: This root method will trigger both Flash and Knox counter. Hence, your device warranty will be void.
How To Root A510FXXS8CSD2 Android 7.0 Nougat On Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F
- Download root file for A510FXXS8CSD2.[File Name: CF-Auto-Root-a5xelte-a5xeltexx-sma510f.zip]
- Extract CF-Root zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5, Odin3-v3.07.exe and few other files within extracted folder.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power button together. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too doesn’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that CF-Auto-Root-a5xelte-a5xeltexx-sma510f.tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just rooted Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F running on A510FXXS8CSD2 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can now visit this Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets). If you face any root issue then do this: Connect your device to internet then update SueperSU app binary. After that, open SueperSU again and turn off KNOX notification from there.